Let Your Light Shine (Matthew 5:16)
At Church Hill C of E Junior School we promote learning by working as a whole school community with an ethos firmly rooted in Christian Principles.
The Governors, Staff and Parents of Church Hill C of E Junior School agree to:-
- Promote Christian values and a mutual respect for different religious beliefs and cultures
- Work together to enable each child to attain his or her maximum potential within a happy, safe environment.
- Set high standards for learning and behaviour.
- Provide an inclusive, enriched curriculum so that all children enjoy success and celebrate their achievements.
- Value high educational standards as a route to, social, spiritual, moral and cultural development.
- Develop lively enquiring minds, nurturing a love of learning; promoting the ability to question, think rationally and to work independently.
- Offer appropriate challenges, support and opportunities. Believe obstacles can be opportunities for personal growth.
- Ensure every child matters, helping them to enjoy and achieve through the promotion of responsible citizenship and safe healthy lifestyles.
- Promote a sense of self-esteem and confidence.
- Respect the environment and different needs, cultures and religious beliefs of others.
Church Hill C of E Junior School promotes community cohesion. By community cohesion, we mean working towards a society in which there is a common vision and sense of belonging by all communities; a society in which the diversity of people’s backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and valued; a society in which similar life opportunities are available to all; and a society in which strong and positive relationships exit and continue to be developed in the workplace, in school and in the wider community.
Every Child Matters
We believe that all children are special and they all have a variety of needs. We endeavour to give all pupils an all round education whilst developing their personal and social skills and preparing them for the real world. This is done by following the five outcomes set out by the Government initiative in 2004 Every Child Matters. Here at Church Hill C of E Junior School Every Child certainly does Matter! We work alongside families, outside agencies, the school nurse and other schools to achieve the following outcomes:
- BE HEALTHY
- STAY SAFE
- ENJOY AND ACHIEVE
- ACHIEVE ECONOMIC WELL-BEING
- MAKE A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION
We manage our school to ensure that pupils understand and gain experience which helps them to:
- Lead healthy lives
- Know how to keep themselves safe
- Enjoy and achieve in their lives
- Understand the principles of economic well-being
- Make a positive contribution to society and their daily lives.
This is portrayed in our school vision and mission statement.
In order that the vision and aims of Church Hill C of E Junior School may be fulfilled, the school will:
Through Leadership, Teaching and the Environment
- Provide effective leadership
- Provide knowledge, skilled, committed and approachable staff to encourage excellence in all spheres of learning
- Promote excellent behaviour and respect for others in an encouraging learning environment
- Provide a curriculum suitably differentiated to the ability and learning styles of the pupils, and match to the National Curriculum requirements.
- Provide practical and well-resourced learning experiences in all subjects including the development of application of I.C.T. skills.
- Provide support and challenges suited to the needs of the learner.
- Ensure that learning opportunities are carefully planned, assessed, monitored and reviewed to ensure continuity and progression in the development of knowledge and skills.
Home / School and Community
- Ensure effective communication channels between home and school.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with parents and with the wider community
- Foster commitment and team effort through positive adult role models in school, and through the PHSE / Citizenship strand of the curriculum
- Provide teaching and guidance on healthy lifestyles, encouraging learners to make appropriate lifestyles choices in matters affecting their personal well-being.